Saturday, May 30, 2015

Is it hot?

Is it hot?

More like, wait how hot is it? How much do you sweat? Do you go outside? And so what do you do?

Yeah so summer is darn hot in Thailand.  I swear I walked outside the other day and hadn't felt a more intense heat.

Here are some of the conversations I've had recently about the heat.

" So you know when you open an oven and are surprised by how intense the heat is.  That's what it feels like when you walk outside. "

"I am so sweaty." (repeat five times a day)


 " It's so hot that I don't do much of anything, I feel like I've become really good at being lazy."

       "Well you just tell other people that, yeah, Thailand is real chill."



"The seasons in Thailand are hot, really hot, damn hot, and f-ing hot."





Recently I've also found myself dreaming of skiing and the snow.  I've gotten up early and arrived at the local park at 7:30 and it was still too hot to run. I can't take a cold shower, the water is still warm. I've tried having my air con turn off after a couple hours to save electricity, but wake up sweating. And quite literally haven't sweated more in my life.  So yes Thailand is hot, too hot.  But good friends, air con, beautiful blue skies, and ice in you beer are saving graces.

In honor of the heat and true chill nature of living in Thailand, I haven't been catching up with my blog as I'd have hoped, even though it's something I can easily do in air con.  I'll try to keep writing and post a few blogs from my travels.

On another note the first two weeks of school have gone well.  I'm really enjoying teaching Primary 1 and 3.  The kids are great, have such enthusiasm and are always will to play games and sing songs.  Along with begin darn adorable.  I'll take some pictures sometime or another.


Best wishes from melting gal in Thailand, whose is excitedly awaiting monsoon season.  Who would have thought??


1 comment:

  1. You'll have to remember this heat when you're shivering back here in VT.

    ReplyDelete