Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Laos

I made a quick day trip into Laos in order to get my non-immigrant visa.  My Laos trip lacked a bit in culture and authenticity, but nonetheless I got a taste of the country and am excited to return. I actually did quite a lot in my day there.  I rode in my first tuk tuk (although paying too much),  relaxed and sipped mocha at a coffee shop, saw dinosaur bones and replicas being made, ate a nice meal along the Mekong river looking over to Thailand, did some souvenir shopping, sipped Beerlao, which I found quite tasty, spent the day with a friend, and of course actually got my visa.

I was thankful to have Nui come along with me, and her language skills in Isaan dialect, which although different than both Laos and Thai is a language known by people in the area.  She also has a great
knack with translating prices, which for some reason continued to leave me baffled.


Here our the pics of our short and sweet adventure.  I'm sure you'll see more which highlight more of the country's beauty.






Yup I'm a dinosaur bush with awesome hair!




Lunch on the river!!!






The embassy. Everything was taken care of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment