Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Loy Krathong

Loy Krathong is a Thai festival that celebrates letting go of sins, mistakes, and all negatives things in your life.

To honor this "letting go" people float Krathong, made from banana tree, banana leaf, flowers, or bread.  They also light lanterns to release into the night sky under the full moon. The festival is also a time to be with friends and family, enjoying each other's company and making well wishes for the coming months and year.  .

In Ubon there was also entertainment. There were different music shows and beauty contests. As well as street vendors selling anything you could imagine.  I loved my evening down at the moon river, floating my Krathong and lighting a lantern. It was both peaceful and joyful with so many people celebrating together.

It is a truly beautiful sight and I hope these pictures can give you a glimpse of what it was like.












My Krathong that I picked out. 





There's something beautiful about the simplicity of this photo that I love. 



Krathong bread, so you eat it right? Actually no….. we found that out a little late though.


Make a wish





Guess the food?

Yup, bugs!

Look tasty??


Beauty Pageant Contestants 



So many people!!
Family Time :)



1 comment: